Christen is a first year doctoral student. Research areas include musical theatre, pop culture, feminist theory, queer theory, national identity, and theatre for social change. She has worked as a director, educator, and lighting designer in the Philadelphia and New York areas for the past seven years.
- MA in Theatre, Villanova University
- BA in Theatre, Ursinus College
- "A Beauty but a Funny Girl: A Queer Investigation of the Broadwayfication of Disney" at Song Stage and Screen XI, City College at the City University of New York (2016)
- "A Beauty but a Funny Girl: A Queer Investigation of the Broadwayfication of Disney" at the Philadelphia Theatre Research Symposium at Villanova University (2015)
- "Brechtian Distance, War, Romance, and Redemption: Analyzing the Feminist Spectator's Response to Ruined by Lynn Nottage" at the Elizabeth Cady Stanton Research Conference at Villanova University (2014)