This seven-month position of Acting Communications and Marketing Coordinator for the University of Maryland School of Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies provides high-level communications and marketing coordination for the School, working both collaboratively and independently to problem-solve, and coordinate a range of communication and marketing priorities. The Acting Coordinator is responsible for maintaining effective systems for marketing and communicating the School, proactively setting priorities and anticipating the needs of the School in order to execute key goals and projects. He/she performs other duties as required to ensure the smooth operation and responsiveness of the School and ensures that all matters are addressed in a professional and timely manner, coordinating with key constituents both internally and externally. The ideal candidate must have exceptional interpersonal skills and must communicate well both orally and in writing and should be especially skilled in website content management.
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in communications, marketing, and/or public relations experience must include demonstrated experience creating and implementing distribution tactics that maximize the impact of digital assets
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills are essential.
- Organization and attention to detail are critical.
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment where demands need prioritized
- Candidates must be resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to be proactive, work well with a team
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment in areas of responsibility
- Creative approaches to problem solving and the ability to think independently
- Ability to work collaboratively across organizational units to ensure consistency in communications
- Very strong writing skills, in particular for the web and social channels
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations
- Experience in marketing, communications in a performing arts organization
- Experience with Drupal content management system
- the ideal candidate will also possess foundational skills and experience in traditional communications, marketing and media relations; imagination; and a true passion for social media and creation of exceptional digital content furthering the School’s reach and impact
Apply here: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/55892