Dissertations in Progress
- Balasundram, Jeeta. “Recapturing the Essence of Shakespeare’s Plays through Original Practices: A Case Study on The New Shakespeare Tavern in Atlanta, Georgia and the American Shakespeare Center in Staunton, Virginia,” Chair: Laurie Frederik.
- Chu, Po-Hsien. "The Experimental Aesthetics of Global Sinophone Theatre: The Present, the Absent, and the Avant-Garde." Chair: James M. Harding.
- Crowley, Patrick. "The Life and Death of Living Stage: Towards a Rebirth of Radical Theatre in the United States." Chair: James M. Harding.
- Demmy. Tara Noelle. “Morale-Boosting Comedy: The Writers’ War Board and the Soldier Sketch Writing Contest of WWII.” Chair: Franklin J. Hildy.
- Fallica, Elisabeth. “Of Flesh and Feathers: A Study of Artistic Labor and the Politics of the Sensuous in New York Neo-Burlesque,” Chair: Laurie Frederik.
- Gerdsen, Jenna. “Huikaʻi Moʻo ʻōlelo: Theatre in Hawai‘i during the 21st Century.” Chair: Faedra Chatard Carpenter and Esther Kim Lee.
- Grey, Les. "Moving Pain Home: Cultural Production and Performance Out of Black Trauma and Terror." Chair: James M. Harding.
- Haeri. Q-Mars. “In Search of the Popular: Erased Popular Theatre in Tehran’s Lalehzar Entertainment District of the 1950s and 60s.” Chair: Franklin J. Hildy.
- Hedges, Allison. “A Historiography of Ancient Egyptian Theatre.” Chair: Franklin J. Hildy.
- Holley, Kelley. "Experiencing Place: Dramaturgies of Site-specific Performance." Chair: Faedra Chatard Carpenter.
- Kaleba, Casey. “The White Arm in the Smoke: The Meaning of Theatrical Violence on the Victorian Stage.” Chair: Franklin J. Hildy.
- Lockley, Gianina K. “Explicating the Detroit and Zimbabwe Jit: On Blackness, Being, and Performance.” Chair: Faedra Chatard Carpenter.
- Mandracchia, Christen. “The Broadwayfication of Disney: A Production History of Beauty and the Beast from Film to Stage.” Chair: Franklin J. Hildy.
- Ridley, Leticia R. “Fleshy Matters: Fragmentary Performance and Hypervisible Renderings in Black Women's Popular Culture.” Chair: Faedra Chatard Carpenter.
- Scrimer, Victoria. “Beyond Resistance: Performing Protest in a Postdramatic Age.” Chair: James M. Harding.
- Stevens, Fraser. "Cultural Camouflage/Suspicious Behaviour: Performing Identities in WWII Espionage."Chair: James M. Harding.
- Thomas, LaRonika. "Civic Dramaturgy: Cultural Space, Artistic Labor, and Performances of Urban Planning in 21st Century Chicago." Chair: James M. Harding.
- Walker, Jonelle. "Women in White: Performing White Femininity 1865-Present." Chair: James M. Harding.
* Last updated: November 25, 2019