We provide an inclusive educational ecosystem designed to advance, transform and innovate the research and practice of the performing arts.
We envision a school that serves as a national model for innovation, collaboration and social entrepreneurship in the performing arts.
- Reveals theater and dance as powerful, integrating and collaborative art forms via scholarship, research and the art and skill of performance;
- Fosters the development of fundamental life skills: intellectual curiosity, cultural intelligence, creative thinking, problem solving, emotional intelligence and empathy;
- Builds on the human experience, thought, expression and creativity to advance human welfare;
- Encourages individuals from different cultural paradigms to work together towards common goals;
- Allows faculty members to cultivate imagination and transformation in their scholarly and artistic laboratories;
- Requires the scholar/artist to access their expressive potential by tapping into their intelligence, emotion, impulse, experience and imagination;
- Demands discipline and dedication, which reward us by revealing not only who we are, but also what we might become.